Polygamy Now
The unfolding story of polygamy in the United States

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Film Spree with the BBC

We were contacted last month by an English film company that produces documentaries for the BBC. After several email exchanges, followed by several lengthy phone conversations, we agreed to be filmed. For photos, see our Facebook album.

This is the first time we've ever agreed to be on film. We've turned down Dateline NBC, the Tyra Banks show, and others programs as being too sensational. BBC explained that they wanted to shoot a documentary, and not a news story. That meant they weren't going to seek out contrasting point of views, but rather intended to tell our story to the world. "Ok," we agreed, "let's go for it!"

The director, Ian, arrived from England, and the film crew from San Francisco. We'd never seen so many lights and sound equipment (but only one camera). The film crew holed up in a nearby town, but it seemed as if they were with us day and night, or at least 12 hours a day for three days. The schedule was intensive-- change clothes, change location, get miked, setup lights, camera rolling, answer a lot of difficult questions, have some fun, and start all over again. And again. You can see my stepsons (right) taking their part in the film.

The BBC is a class act. They got permission from boutiques in Kirkland to film us shopping, and rented an entire dance studio to film us dancing. That was a trip! After shopping, we were to count to five, then exit the shop, turn right, hold hands, and walk down the street a block or so. The camera was set up outside in a parking space.

We had to repeat this "take" about twelve times! Sometime we turned the wrong way (or at least one of us did), and once an entire busload of seniors emptied out in front of us, many of them gawking at the cameras. And just when we thought the coast was finally clear, a motorized wheelchair zipped by and almost collided with us.

We felt the filming went very well, and are dying to see the results. The film is currently being edited in England, and should air February 6th or so. Sorry, but it will not be broadcast in the United States, a condition we insisted on. We'll tell you more about the program as soon as we've had a chance to see it ourselves.

Would we do it again? Yes! But not quite yet. It was a lot of fun, and it's great to feel special and appreciated-- and to believe that we're playing a part to change the world by letting people know that for some relationships, consensual polygamy is a real and viable and a fine alternative to monogamy.

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

(Regarding film spree with the BBC)
This is not really a comment as such......i am in the Uk and am very much intrigued by this documentary.Please can you let me know what its title is going to be or when its going to show,Anything that I can use to see is I can see it on tv.

my yahoo id is on my account details please do get in touch and advise if you have anything that can help.

Many thanks and regards

Khady

11:43 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Hi Khady! I don't know how to access your account details. Clicking on your name doesn't take me there.

The BBC series is "Wives". Our segment should air in the U.K. on about Feb 6th.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Martin,

I will diarise the date to looks out for this show on TV...i will give you an update as to how I will have perceived the viewing.

Much appreciated.

Khady

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Many thanks for advising about the documentary......Looks like you all are very happy and best wishes to you!

take care and regards

Khady

4:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to know if you have been hassled by the government or not. Maybe you could help me promote www.governmentfreemarriage.com

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Hi, everyone, I am a male, thats 31, good looking and educated ,6'3 and 190lbs. i am living in Chicago interested in finding my first wife that would be open to starting our first plural relationship and developing something beautiful. I like art, good food and many other worldy things and would like to meet someone that is ready and like minded.call me or text me at 773 270 1769 and lets talk

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to all! We are in the process of casting a documentary style TV show and are looking for families interested in seeking a sister wife. It is a paid opportunity. If you'd like to learn more please send a photo and description of your situation to realitycastinggirl@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous tasha moore said...

I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

9:26 PM  
Post a Comment