Polygamy Now
The unfolding story of polygamy in the United States

Monday, June 09, 2008

Our Articles in the Magazine Orato.com

We recently contributed two articles to the online magazine Orato.com. Orato is Latin for "I speak". You can read the articles by following the links below.

Why Polygamy? I'm Glad You Asked

To quote Indiana Jones: “Archeology is the study of fact, not truth.” I might add that on the way to fact, you’ll find a great deal of conjecture. Are we humans polygamous by nature? My wives and I certainly think so, so I set about reading up on the subject.

Where to start? I don’t think polygamy is mentioned in the Dead Sea scrolls, or in the five books of Confucius, the sixth of which is lost forever. But you can find it in the Old Testament, and in the Human Relations Area Files, a marvelous record of explorers and their first encounters with previously undiscovered tribes. By these accounts, polygamy is apparently an integral part of the human condition.

[ We continue by talking about the sociobiological, biological, demographic, mythical, and economical perspective of polygamy. The photo is a cross-section of a chromosome, courtesy of US Dept. of Energy Genomics. ]

My Wives and I

My wives and I lead pretty normal lives, so I don’t see what the big fuss is about polygamy. I put my pants on one leg at a time, toe first, like every other man I know. I go to work to put food on the table, and come home each night to my wives, who bring me my slippers, one slipper each. Actually, they don’t, but we do sit together and ask about how the day went, and what the kids are up to.

[ We continue by describing our family in more detail, how it works, how and why we got together, and so forth. ]

Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, playwrighter. This is one of several spoofs about polygamy we've seen on youtube.com. You had our whole family laughing.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to know who amongst u three feels himself/herself the happiest from this relationship?

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Alane said...

I actually believe that polygamy is wrong. I mean why would a woman want to stay at home and clean and watch children all day?? even some that are not hers? And plus why would you want to Have "plural marriage"? Wouldnt you rather share your life with the one person whom you truly love? your soulmate not mates??

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to see the debates change from pro vs con to a logical debate to get government out of marriage altogether. This country is supposed to be free and they just keep passing laws to control everyone. Government free marriage is the way to go.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your show is disgusting, if TLC does not take it off the air soon, I am going to start a bocotte of the channel, it disgusts a lot of people and only weird men and fat women would ever resort to some kind of life like this, why don't these women try respecting themselves and doing something for themselves instead of relying on this man who only wants to have sex with different women, when will they get the message that they are involved in a ridulous relationship that ony degrades them

5:59 PM  
Blogger weat6129 said...

Wow how rude, In a country where we accept interracial marriage gay marriage and expect everyone to be treated equal. so why can't we accept that others may want to live this lifestyle, while I am too jealous of a woman to deal with it. I like to learn about others lives

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to all! We are in the process of casting a documentary style TV show and are looking for families interested in seeking a sister wife. It is a paid opportunity. If you'd like to learn more please send a photo and description of your situation to realitycastinggirl@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous tasha moore said...

I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

9:28 PM  
Post a Comment