Polygamy Now
The unfolding story of polygamy in the United States

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sojourn to Rosario Beach

Karen's gone to Los Angeles for two weeks to visit her friends and her handicapped daughter Maria. Karen takes full advantage of having a sister-wife -- Lisa gets elaborate instructions on how to water the many indoor and outdoor plants while she's gone. For photos, see our Facebook albums.

Lisa and I decided to picnic at Rosario beach. We took a ferry to Whidbey island and crossed the bridge at Deception pass. An hour later, we arrived at the beach. We'd hoped for some sun, but the sky was partly clouded.

We trecked down to the beach with way too much picnic gear. The driftwood piles were massive, so it was easy to find a place to sit. We ate fried chicken, bacon and pea salad, potato chips, and grapes, which we shared with a not too shy chipmunk.

The beach is made of millions of small rocks, each a different color and texture. It's great for walking in shoes, but really painful in Tivo sandals, which let the rocks in. Next time I'm bringing aqua socks.

Rosario beach is quiet and flat. The waves rolling in from Puget Sound are only about an inch high, and the slope is gentle, but the water is cold! I waded out to my waist, until my legs suddenly cramped. Then I waded back in to sit and sip hot chocolate. The peace and solitude were magnificent. I can see why this is Lisa's favorite beach. [To be continued.]

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pic's of Rosario Beach. My wife and I use to picnic on the bluff at the point. I use to get scollop's and cod fish diving on the back side of that little island off the point in your picture. That was back in the mid to late 80's. It look exactly the same.

P.S. we love you blog. While it is only her and I right now we have a very good friend that may be joining us soon.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Congratulations! Keep us posted to new developments!

7:52 PM  
Post a Comment